Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Books

Ok, so the christmas Crop projects were sooooo big this year. We showed you two different versions of the same book using Basic Grey and we know that you nowhere near finished.

We will post details daily over the coming few days to help those of you who want to use the ideas in their own book.

Here are the first few pages of Julies book which was made for Christmas 2008 and will be added to after christmas this year.







I used the Acrylic as my front cover to protect the book. I stamped on either side of the acrylic with a Penny Black stamp using a glue pad and then gold glitter pushed into the glue. The trick to getting this to work is to be patient. Leave your work to dry for 24 hours. When this is done you can brush away the excess glitter.

The snow is made from Liquid Pearls and then when dry, I have added Frosted Lace Stickles. Make sure you give both plenty of time to dry.




The tree in your kit was glittered and then attached to the page with silicone so that is raised. The red and clear gems are available from the shop should you need any.




The trees were cut from the triangle paper in the kit. Notice that some of the trees are raised to give the page depth. The border seperating the the page is from the sticker sheet in your kit.





Because this is for the coming christmas I wanted to make sure that I got everyone to take part in the completing of the book. I have added extra pages throughout the book, their size depending on the size of my photos, and on the back of each I have included some questions for each person to complete. This means I have information about christmas 2008 for my book and examples of everyones handwriting.

Don't forget to use your rub ons to decorate the photos.





This was one of my favourite pages. For those of you who decided to do this page, I did show you how to make the pop up snowman, but if you have decided to have a go and didn't see the demonstrations at the Crop, just bring in your kit and I will run through it with you.

More tomorrow.